This report moves away from the daily market noise and considers some of the longer-term issues of the Chinese economy.
The Chinese growth story has long been met with skepticism. It is a widely accepted consensus that China’s capital-intensive growth path cannot be sustained and that a rebalancing is badly needed.
- How sustainable is the investment-driven growth model?
- How to judge the efficiency of China’s overall capital spending?
- What’s the fundamental driver of China’s rapid buildup of debt?
- Is the deleveraging campaign in recent years justified?
What’s in this report
In this report, Yan Wang, Chief EM & China Strategist, sets aside the daily market noise and examines some of the longer-term issues of the Chinese economy. You will learn:
- What’s the relationship between investment and productivity?
- How excessive has Chinese investment become?
- Why has China’s credit-to-GDP ratio been rising? How alarming is it?
- What’s behind the Chinese authorities’ on-and-off deleveraging campaign? What’s the impact on the economy?
- What’s China’s long-term trend growth?
Chief EM & China Strategist
Chief Global Strategist
Chief US Strategist and Director of Research
Head of Quantitative Research
Senior Research Analyst
Get your complimentary report now!
Simply complete the form below to receive your complimentary report.