Webcast hosted by Chen Zao
Wednesday April 11, 2018
10:00AM EDT (New York)
Chen will be presenting Alpine Macro’s Q2 outlook for global markets while highlighting our investment strategy recommendations.
The key questions Chen will address include:
- Is the recent decline in US stocks indicative of deteriorating economic conditions?
- Should investors buy on dips or stay defensive?
- Why the threat of trade war will persist? What is the insiders view on China’s negotiation positioning?
- Should investors be long or short duration? How close are we to the R star? Why inflation may underwhelm expectations?
- What is the optimal asset allocation strategy at a time of heightened policy uncertainty?
Chen Zhao, Chief Global Strategist
Chen Zhao is Founding Partner and Chief Strategist of Alpine Macro. From 2015 to 2016, he was Co-Director of Macro Research at Brandywine Global Investment Management. Prior to Brandywine Global, Chen spent 23 years at BCA Research. As a Partner, Managing Editor and Chief Global Strategist, Chen developed and wrote BCA’s China and Emerging Markets publications in the 1990s. Chen became the firm’s Chief Global Strategist in the 2000s and was the author of BCA’s flagship publication, Global Investment Strategy from 2005 to 2015.
Alpine Macro is an independent global investment research firm based in Montreal, Canada. The company focuses on analysis of major macro-economic forces around the world, specializes in forecasting trends and directions of global financial markets, and provides recommendations on asset allocation and investment strategy. The principals, Chen Zhao, Tony Boeckh and David Abramson, have many decades of experience in analyzing the global economy and financial markets. They are supported by an experienced team of Analysts with expertise in the U.S. economy, global financial markets, China and Emerging Markets.